Baby Massage Ireland offers the highest professional standard of Infant Massage Instructor Training courses, which are accredited by the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) Student come from many different and include health professionals, therapists, child care workers and parents. The course is run over 4 days and is taught by experienced International IAIM Trainers.
On the Training you will learn:
- The History of Infant Massage and the IAIM
- The Benefits and effects of Infant Massage
- Infant Massage techniques and how to adapt them as the child grows
- Infant Cues, crying and behavioural states
- Marketing and Promoting your Infant Massage class
- Communication, teaching and group facilitation skills
- Bonding and the relationship between massage and bonding
- Infant and Child development
- Touch research
- Massage for special situations, including premature babies, colic and other special needs
- Massage oils
- During the 4 days you will get to see a parent class being taught and also get to do some of the teaching.
At the end of the 4 days you will take home a written exam and will have to teach 5 parents 5 sessions of Infant Massage.
On completion of the 4 days you become a student member of BMI and once you have completed your take home work you will become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI) which will enable you to teach Infant Massage to parents.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE DOES NOT TEACH YOU TO MASSAGE THE BABIES
You may be able to get funding or part funding for this course. Past students have received funding from FAS, HSE and other companies.
Upcoming training dates:
- March 1st - 4th Obus College, Kildare (Gail)
- April 11th - 14th Kinsale (Kirsty)
- May 20th - 23rd Walmer College, Rahney, Dublin 5 (Gail)
- June 7th - 10th Galway (Kirsty)
- June 28th - 31st Golden Egg Holistic PortLaois (Kirsty)
- July 19th - 22nd AURA college, Mullingar, Westmeath (Gail)
- Nov 18th - 21st Quaker Meeting House, Chirchtown, Dublin 14 (Gail)